PIGEON FORGE, Tenn. (Jan. 29, 2018)—Vacationers looking for new experiences will find them in 2018 in Pigeon Forge, Tennessee, the popular family vacation destination located in the foothills of the Great Smoky Mountains.
“Pigeon Forge’s variety and sheer number of experiences increases every year, and 2018 is no exception,” said Pigeon Forge Executive Director of Tourism Leon Downey. “Our visitors enjoy lots of options that allow them to spend time together, and Pigeon Forge makes that easy, whether it’s a relaxing weekend getaway for two or a week-long vacation for the entire family in the Great Smoky Mountains.”
Pigeon Forge offers a wide variety of attractions, museums, entertainment, special events, lodging and restaurant options.
New for 2018 visitors includes:
- Pigeon Forge Snow, the first indoor snow facility of its kind in the U.S., offers real snow and indoor snow tubing year round. The attraction uses state-of-the-art snow-making technology to transform the 35,000-sq.-ft. indoor facility into a winter wonderland, complete with 15 lanes of snow tubing. Instead of using synthetic material, the attraction’s slopes are covered in genuine fresh powder. Play areas will allow guests to build a snowman and have snowball fights. For guests’ comfort, the indoor climate will remain between 60 and 70 degrees 365 days a year. PigeonForgeSnow
- Construction is under way for the 200-foot-tall Mountain Monster three-in-one thrill ride which anchors the new Tower Shops at Mountain Mile, a 180,000-sq.-ft. multi-purpose retail and family entertainment development that spans 174 acres. Designed by thrill ride inventor Stan Checketts, who also is responsible for attractions atop the Stratosphere in Las Vegas and one of the world’s fastest roller coasters (located in Japan), Mountain Monster will offer guests a drop ride, a dive ride and a swing, all in one attraction. Lodging properties include Home2 Suites by Hilton, which opened last year, and Tru by Hilton, currently under construction. Follow this project at MountainMilePigeonForge.com.
- Dollywood theme park treats guests to an entertainment-infused season of showstoppers, including the all-new three-week Spring Mix music series (April 11-29) featuring concerts by Suzy Bogguss, Pam Tillis, Crystal Gayle, Amy Grant, Blind Boys of Alabama, Chonda Pierce, Marshall Tucker Band, Debby Boone, Atlanta Rhythm Band, Al Stewart and more. The park’s popular springtime Festival of Nations (March 17-April 9) includes headliners National Dance Company of Siberia, the Flamenco Kings starring Los Vivancos, and Ladysmith Black Mambazo. iLuminate, DRUMLine and speed painter Dan Dunn take the stage during Dollywood’s Summer Celebration while TobyMac and Crowder entertain guests of the park’s annual Rock the Smokies event on Aug. 25. Dollywood.com
- Crave Golf Club is a $7 million sweet-themed golf destination. Brightly colored and highly themed, Crave is located on Pigeon Forge’s Parkway. The 36-hole multi-level facility spans 18,500 square feet and multiple levels. Golfers play through 19 holes in each round and choose from indoor, hillside and rooftop courses with options to customize their play with challenge/reward spinners at each hole. Crave also features a candy shop and gourmet milkshake bar. CraveGolf
- The world’s largest replica of the RMS Titanic is on display at the Titanic Museum Attraction. Built entirely from 56,000 LEGO bricks, it was conceived and constructed by Brynjar Karl Birgisson, a 10-year-old Icelandic boy. Measuring 25 feet in length, it is the largest Titanic LEGO ship model in history and took 11 months to build. Titanic Museum Attraction in Pigeon Forge is the first and only location to feature the replica this year in the U.S. Birgisson, who is autistic, has garnered international attention for his self-penned book My Autistic X Factor. Known as the LEGO boy, he follows his ship wherever it travels.
- The new Lumberjack Feud Show features world-class athleticism and high-energy competition along with audience participation. Performed in an outdoor venue, the show opens in late spring. More information is available at www.lumberjackfeudtn.com.
- The 104-room Margaritaville Island Inn, located at The Island, offers coastal-inspired rooms and suites. All accommodations feature Margaritaville’s signature “no worries” tropical vibe along with indoor and outdoor pools, private balconies, a hot tub, fire pit and family gathering and lounge areas. MargaritavilleIslandInn
Pigeon Forge is home to approximately 6,000 permanent residents but welcomes more than 10 million visitors annually. The town offers more than 15,000 overnight accommodations ranging from hotels and motels to cabins and condominiums. Pigeon Forge is home to entertainment legend and hometown girl Dolly Parton’s Dollywood theme park, the state’s number one ticketed attraction. It also is a gateway city to Great Smoky Mountains National Park, the country most-visited national park.
Tourism is the city’s top-ranking industry and number one employer. For more information, please visit MyPigeonForge.com.
Media contact: Trish McGee on behalf of the Pigeon Forge Dept. of Tourism
Images available for download here New for 2018 Images
[email protected] or 615-327-1189